Getting hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a married relationship Licence before you have got a married relationship ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is released.
You must have a married relationship Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. You will need the licence just before have actually a marriage ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is released.
It is possible to choose a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the spiritual ceremony. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice of this peace or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You must have 2 folks who are at the very least 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your religious agent, justice associated with comfort or judge can give you a memento certification. This document isn’t proof that is legal of.
After a married relationship is registered, you can easily make an application for a marriage that is official, which will be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be likely to get hitched away from Nova Scotia, you’ll want to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the wedding service will need location for certification and enrollment needs.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You may need a consent that is signed if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need certainly to complete the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form needs to be witnessed by an authorized representative. If both ongoing events aren’t offered to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You can easily submit an application for a licence and obtain hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t are now living in the province.
Just how to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or even A deputy issuer of marriage Licences in your community.
- Complete the application kind form they provide you with.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting documents and re payment to your Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Offer your wedding Licence to your representative that is religious associated with comfort or judge ahead of the wedding ceremony.
Just how long it requires
You ought to obtain the licence straight away. It could just take longer if extra information is necessary or if your type hasn’t been filled in properly.
re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase ought to be made payable into the Minister of Finance. re re Payment choices can vary according to the way you use.
Prior to starting
Ensure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of breakup if either person engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), together with the affidavit
- proof death if either person engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice continues to be legitimate for as much as eighteen months.
It is possible to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The marriageable age is 18 years. If somebody, perhaps perhaps perhaps not yet 18, wants to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order can provide authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding are lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th provided that the wedding does occur following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
Just how to use
- Look at the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Choose the ‘Book a scheduled appointment’ switch.
- Enter the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re re payment, and confirm the time and date when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately 18 months.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you want aid in making plans for your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the wedding that is online form, while the Registry are certain to get in touch with you.
re re Payment techniques
It is possible to review deal re payment choices on our re re payment techniques web web page.